Friday, January 24, 2014

Clutter's Last Stand - Project 2

Ah, the master bathroom linen cabinet --home of towels, shampoo, and all the stuff that keeps this family out of the doctor's office. This was a pretty quick project for me. I culled the towels and got us down to four sets of nice towels. The square canvas baskets corral all the loose toothpaste, toothbrushes, spare deodorant and razors, etc.  I tried labels attached with packaging tape, but they keep coming off. A few remain, as you can see in the picture.  I plan to make tags to hang on the basket handles so I can identify the contents. All of the meds are in the tool kit, This makes it easy to keep track of expiration dates.

I don't have a "before" picture, but here is the finished product.

Next week, I think I'll tackle the laundry room. We'll see how that goes!

Have a great weekend. Ours will be filled with basketball, income tax preparation, FAFSA forms, a few cooking projects, and a Sunday of worship and rest. What about you?

2 comments:

  1. Yet again, another great post! I tackled our laundry room today, its been a catch-all-and-close-the-door receptacle since we moved in October and I haven't had the energy to even get close to it. BUT with baby's arrival drawing ever nearer, in attempts to channel my nesting urges productively, I decided to make it today's project and it turned out great! Everything has a home on the shelves and while I would like to get some boxes or baskets to make the space even more efficient, it suits our needs very satisfactorily right now.

    Now I need to decide if I should buy the foam we need for the baby's bed, tomorrow when we will be in Rockwall and I have a 40% off coupon or wait until next weekend when we aren't planning to be there and get it 50% off. I am leaning towards tomorrow, since gas will probably even things out and I need to get a mattress in there so I can make sheets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boxes are great organizational tools! If you look closely, I have my towels corralled in two holders. They are display boxes for light bulbs from Home Depot. They were a "temporary" measure until I could get something nicer. Six years later, they are still doing the job. Though a little worse for wear, I think they can be revived with packaging tape and serve for another 6 years!

      Delete