Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
Ingredients:2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thigh tenders or chicken breast tenders
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tbs grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup cashews
Cilantro or green onions (optional) as a garnish & for flavor as desired
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2 in chunks.
- Combine flour and pepper in large Ziploc bag.
- Add chicken. Shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add cashews and cilantro. Stir. Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
Double the sauce ingredients if you like sauce and want to have some to pour over the chicken and the rice.
If you have a rice cooker with a timer, I suggest using it so everything will be ready when your hungry crew walks in the door.
Recipe adapted from: 365 Days of Slow Cooking