Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Monday Musings: Week 34


The weekend was a bit crazy. Nathan and Amanda were in for a weekend visit, and our church had a last- hurrah-before-school-starts trip for the youth which encompassed all of Saturday. Gideon and Miriam started school on Monday, and for some strange reason, I felt compelled to start "getting down to business" with Josiah and Esther and our home-school efforts.

Needless to say, these are the reasons my Monday Musings are coming to you on Tuesday, and why they'll consist of little more than my weekly spending report and an update on my knee. I was tempted to skip the post altogether, but I don't want to start down that slippery slope.

Here are my stats for week 34.                  

Week 33 Spending
Groceries  
$45
Entertainment
$10
Clothing
$10
Basketball camp
$70
Total  
$135

My knee is much better this week, but I still need to baby it. If I walk or stand too much, it starts to ache. Today was the first day I tried wearing shoes other than flip-flops and it was a mistake. I thought a good supportive athletic shoe would do me good, but as I was tugging to get them on, my knee twisted and “Ouch!” Then I was climbing a step stool to get a jar of salsa from the top shelf of the pantry when I missed a step and came down full force on my left leg. So, I’m back to ice packs and flip-flops.


Except for taking Josiah to work in Tigertown, I haven’t ventured further than Roxton – a trip to the school for Gideon’s Meet the Teacher night and a couple of trips to the cafĂ©. This has obviously kept my spending down, since a trip to Wal-Mart still scares me. Fortunately, Syd has been a champ and has gone to the store for necessities, like those delicious ribs and sausages he grilled when Nathan and Amanda were here. You know, sometimes, you just need to throw the spending plan out the window and splurge on fresh beef!



No comments:

Post a Comment