Monday, April 21, 2014

Monday Musings:Week 16


Here is this week's spending report.

Week 16 Spending
Groceries /Food   
$96
Health/Beauty
$11
Driver’s Permit Fee
$16
Gifts  
$47
Socks for Gideon
$11
Total  
$181

When people talk about love languages, I could be the poster child for the Acts of Service language. I love to do nice things for people, and I love it when people do nice things for me. This is one reason I love birthdays. I like to make birthdays very special with delicious meals, unique cakes, and presents that are chosen with care. That’s also why you’ll see that $47 item for gifts in the spending chart.

Speaking of acts of service, my dear husband got our car up and running. So far, the JB weld is holding, no transmission fluid is leaking, and our little commuter car is humming along. This means I have my van back – woot, woot! Syd, Gideon, and Esther are building raised garden beds behind the house, and I’m looking forward to lovely organic veggies fresh from our garden.

Sunday was Josiah’s 16th birthday, and I think it was the most difficult birthday I’ve ever experienced. I just couldn’t get excited about it. As I prayed about my not-so-great attitude, I realized that I’m just not ready for this guy to be 16. In the past few weeks, he’s started his first job and gotten his learner’s permit. Life is changing so quickly, and there’s so little time left before he graduates. I’ve learned the hard way that things are never the same once they go start college, so I feel a sense of urgency to use the remaining time wisely.

A friend posted this on Facebook yesterday:

The lesson I’ve learned this week has been about spending time instead of spending money. Time is our most precious commodity, and thus, it is critical that we make the best use of it. Ephesians 5:15-17 commands us to – 
Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 

My prayer is that I’ll be wise in how I choose to spend my time, following God’s will and speaking truth and love into the hearts of my children, my family, my friends, and each person with whom I cross paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment