Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Wedneday Eats and Treats: Amanda's Crockpot Mac and Cheese

My daughter-in-love, Amanda, brought this macaroni and cheese to our family Thanksgiving feast this year. It tastes great and can be made ahead of time. I served it with crusty rolls, baked ham and steamed broccoli for Sunday lunch.




Amanda's Crock Pot Mac N Cheese

24 oz macaroni -- any shape is fine
2 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar
2 cans Campbell's cheese soup
Salt and pepper to taste

** Be sure to spray cooking spray in crock. For faster clean up, I plan to use a crock pot liner next time I make this.**

1.  Cook pasta according to package directions.
2.  While macaroni cooks, combine remaining ingredients in crock pot. 
3.  Add macaroni, mix well. 
4.  Cook in slow cooker on low for an hour or so until sauce sets, only stirring once or twice. (I've cooked this on low for 3 hours while we were at church.)

No comments:

Post a Comment