Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Musings Week 11

Esther and I returned home late Thursday evening. Friday, the three younger children and I volunteered at the food pantry prep day. That evening, Syd and I took Josiah to Oklahoma where he participated in a Disciple Now weekend. After attending the parent meeting and dinner, we headed back home. Saturday, I was out of the house by 7 (no small task for this night owl!) and worked at the food pantry distribution day. From there, it was straight to a St. Patrick's Day party.

On Sunday morning, we learned that Josiah and several other D-Now participants had fallen to a stomach virus. After church, we rendezvoused with him and brought him home where he languished on the couch for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Syd fell ill around 6 and headed to the bed. Both are better this morning, but not yet back to 100%. Miriam has a doctor's appointment today to look into some weird chest pains she's been having.

On Tuesday, Syd, Esther, and I will travel to Austin for a ceremony honoring Syd's grandfather, Dr. Evan A. Reiff, who was the ninth president of Hardin-Simmons University. He is being recognized for his many contributions to higher education including his role as a leader in the effort to integrate Texas colleges and universities. “Dan-Daddy” Reiff died when Syd was three. I think he would be proud of his oldest grandchild and the way in which he has carried on his grandfather’s legacy.

All of this is to say, I haven't had time to compose a detailed “Monday Musings” post for today. I'll try to get one together for later this week. In the mean time, I wish you a Happy St. Patrick's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment