Mini Chicken Pot Pies(Serves 8, assuming none of them are hungry teenage boys.)
- 1 12-16 oz. package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-2 cups diced cooked chicken*, **
- 1 can (10.75 ounce) condensed cream of chicken soup*, ***
- 1 can of 8 Pillsbury Grands! refrigerated biscuits (or store brand equivalent)***
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
*You can substitute leftover roast and cream of mushroom soup for the chicken and cream of chicken soup.
**I had some canned chicken I needed to use, and it tasted just fine.
***You purists out there can make your own biscuits and make a cream sauce in place of the canned soup.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook vegetables in saucepan or microwave. Drain well.
- Add chicken and soup; mix well. Heat until bubbly.
- Press or roll each biscuit into a 5 1/2-inch round. Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular size muffin cups. Firmly press in bottom and up sides, forming a 3/4-inch rim.
- Spoon filling into each, evenly dividing it among them.
- Pull edges of dough over filling toward center; pleat and pinch dough gently to hold in place.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted -- about 2 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.
- Enjoy with sliced apples and carrots. Caution: Filling will be hot!