Sunday, December 28, 2014

Monday Musings:Weeks 50 and 51


I haven't posted since December 10th when Esther turned 12. Since then, we traveled to San Antonio, had our oldest daughter and her husband here for a week, made a couple of trips to Dallas, hosted two family gatherings, attended numerous church functions, and celebrated Christmas. The last of our company left 5 hours ago. All this to say that the blog has been low on my list of priorities.

 I have a rather large stack of receipts on my desk since I haven't been doing such a great job tracking my spending since the 7th. Since there are so many receipts to tally, I've decided to wait until the 31st to log the remaining spending for December. At that time I'll make a monthly spending report for December and a report for the entire year of the 2014 spending challenge. I'll post my results on Monday, January 5th.

In the mean time, I plan to spend time deciding the future of this blog. It's taken much more time than I expected, but the exercise and discipline have been good for me. I hear from some people that they enjoy reading it, and they want me to continue. The dilemma of putting something "out there" is wondering if it has meaning to anyone but me -- if it helps anyone else -- if it's worth the effort and time. There are so many blogs out there. Am I just one more self-important voice, or am I meeting a need and sharing something of value? I would appreciate any input you might have that might help me in my decision. 

Until then -- HAPPY NEW YEAR!



No comments:

Post a Comment